- You can bid in the room or via the internet or emailing us prior to the auction and we will be bidding for you as if you were present in the room. You can by prior arrangement also ask for someone to bid for you live on the phone during the auction.
- Make sure that we have sent back a confirmation that we have received your bids!
- The pre-sale will be bid up in amounts of £2 starting from £2.
- Note this is a non reserve auction. Buyers and sellers pay the standard buy/sale fees but there is no lot fee charged on any of the pre sale items.
The main sales will be going in bidding steps as follows:
- From £50 to £100 in steps of £5
- From £101 to £200 in steps of £10
- From £200 to £500 in steps of £20
- From £500 to £2000 in steps of £50
- Over £2000 at the discretion of the auctioneer
For every lot that is sold or bought in the main auctions there is a flat fee for buyers and seller of £2.00 + VAT = £ 2.40 inclusive of VAT.
Combined Sellers & Buyers Fees
Buyers fees are the same for seller and buyers and are combined as follows:
- Buy and/or Sell up to £750 and the fee is 20% + VAT
- Buy and/or Sell between £750.01 and £ 2000 and the fee is 15% + VAT
- Buy and/or Sell between £2000.01 and £5000 and the fee is 10% + VAT
- Buy and/or Sell over £ 5000 and the fee is just 5% + VAT
If you buy £600 worth of goods normally at 20% + vat and sell £200 worth of items also at 20% + vat, because your combined total is more than £750 you will get charged 15% + vat on all your sales and purchases + a fee of £2.00 per lot plus VAT (typical saving of £40).
If there are no bids given to the auction for a lot prior to the auction we will allow a starting point of 20% below the reserve price. The minimum reserve price for any lot is £50 (this does not apply to the pre sale auction items). So for example: if an item has a reserve of £50 but has no bids we start it at £40.
You have the right to return an item after purchase but this only applies if you have not been present at the auction and if the item clearly is not as advertised. You have to notify us within 7 days of receipt of the goods to request a return.
We do not accept cheques or payment by American Express or payment in unused stamps unless prior agreed. We do not supply goods unless they have been paid for in full.
In case of any dispute the auctioneers decision is final.
If we receive 2 identical bids prior to auction the earliest received bid will be taken as the winning bid.
Make sure you get your items and bids in as early as possible.
We do not commonly send out catalogues as you will be able to get them on our website and can see pictures of all the lots there too. If you want a paper copy, listing the lots only, we can supply this for regular customers at no extra cost.
Finally if you are unsure about any aspect of our auction or have questions feel free to email or call us.